Wednesday 12 October 2011

2nd Year - High School - 4th Term - Review


Comparison

1) Use either as … as or not as … as in the sentecnes below.

Example: Ben Nevis is __________ as Mont Blanc (not/high).
Answer: Ben Nevis is not as high as Mont Blanc.

1) The blue car is __________ the red car. (fast)
2) Peter is __________ Fred. (not/tall)
3) The violin is __________ the cello. (not/low)
4) This copy is __________ the other one. (bad)
5) Oliver is __________ Peter. (optimistic)
6) Today it's __________ yesterday. (not/windy)
7) The tomato soup was __________ the mushroom soup. (delicious)
8) Grapefruit juice is __________ lemonade. (not/sweet)
9) Nick is __________ Kevin. (brave)
10) Silver is __________ gold. (not/heavy)


2) Put in the adjective in bold from the first sentence into the second sentence in its correct form (comparative or superlative).

Example: I have a fast car, but my friend has a __________ car.
Answer: I have a fast car, but my friend has a faster car.

1) This is a nice cat. It's much ________________ than my friend's cat.
2) Here is Emily. She's six years old. Her brother is nine, so he is ________________.
3) This is a difficult exercise. But the exercise with an asterisk (*) is the ________________ exercise on the worksheet.
4) He has an interesting hobby, but my sister has the ________________ hobby in the world.
5) In the last holidays I read a good book, but father gave me an even ________________ one last weekend.
6) School is boring, but homework is ________________ than school.
7) Skateboarding is a dangerous hobby. Bungee jumping is ________________ than skateboarding.
8) This magazine is cheap, but that one is ________________.
9) We live in a small house, but my grandparents' house is even ________________ than ours.
10) Yesterday John told me a funny joke. This joke was the ________________ joke I've ever heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment