Wednesday 12 October 2011

1st Year - High School - 4th Term - Review

Personal Pronouns / Possessive Adjectives / Possessive Pronouns

1 )  Supply the correct Personal Pronoun (Subjective Case):
1. Alan is my friend. _______ is from the United States.
2. This is Mariana. _______ is my sister.
3. Peter and Paul live in England, but _______ are from Australia.
4. You and I are not from Portugal, _______ are from Brazil.
5. You and your father can speak English because _______ are from England.

2)  Supply the correct Personal Pronoun (Objective Case):
1. My sister Jane loves books This novel is for _______.
2. My children like Disney films. This video is for _______.
3. My brother Mark collects picture postcards. These postcards are for _______.
4. I like watches. This watch is for _______.
5. Our dog likes dog food. This bag of dog food is for _______.

3) Supply the correct Possessive Adjective:
1. That boy likes _______ school.
2. Mary sees _______ mother every day.
3. The cat eats _______ food quickly.
4. The men always bring _______ wives to the party.
5. You and I aways bring _______ pencils to class.

4) Supply the correct Possessive Pronoun:
1. This book belongs to you. Took is _______.
2. The blue car belongs to my brother and me. The blue car is _______.
3. The luggage belongs to Adam. The luggage is _______.
4. The nest belongs to the bird. The nest is _______.
5. That house belongs to you and your family. The house is _______.

No comments:

Post a Comment